My thoughtful daughter

Sanja had been to a wedding yesterday with her maternal grandparents. She had a great time playing my father's friend 's grandkids.  She behaved like a very good girl and ate without much fuss. The curds were served in Matkas (small earthern cups). Sanja at once declared that she will take her cup back home for her mother. She made granny clean it up and took hold of it as priced possession. When everyone asked her why she is taking it with her , her reply
 Amma paint panuva, papa amma ku kuduka poren. (Amma will paint it, Iam going to give it to her) .

The background , she saw me painting the Diyas for Karthigai deepam this wednesday. She kept asking me
Amma , painting pannare ya ma (Amma are you painting). and remembered to get that earthern pot fo me .

Ahhh, gal, I learnt from you today, though the gifts can be small, they will be priceless when given with sooooo much of love.  Hugs to you Darling !!

PS: Iam gushing with joy and pride that my daughter is so very thoughtful.   Drishti suthi podam en ponnu ku

Comments

  1. I am going through a heavy day at work, a miserable Friday evening.
    This brought more than a smile to my face :) Keep them coming.. and seekram drishti suthi podu kozhandhaikku.. blog vazhiyave ellar kannum pattuda poradhu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kavi - good to know it made your day :) .will definitely drishti suthify her .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! kids have a simple way of brightening up our lives.... sometimes when i see my son, I wish we really wouldnt grow up and lose all that innocence!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The baby gal turns mother

Pathiyam samayal