Julie and Julia

Rating: 4/5
 I watched this movie long back in April I guess.

Bon Appetit, bon appetit!! A movie based on women and cooking. How the old and the new generation find the common thread? Merilyn streep makes you wish you had the character she portrays. I saw glimpses of my maternal grandmother in her. I don't want to talk about the blogging about Julie. But the story connects with each women in some way be it the cooking or the family life. How the new generation has lost the understanding , patience and such qualities of the old gen ladies? We feel as if we are the one making the world move whereas they( the old ones) always thought they were a part of it. The enthusiasm of Merilyn streep just makes you wish everything works out for her while publishing the book. It also shows how today the media is behind people rather than the olden days when Julia had to search for a publisher.
   It also inspired me to start preserving the food recipes of our traditional practices. My grand mom wrote a recipe book with measurements for my then novice mom. Now my mom is an expert of sorts. My granny-in-law and mother -in-law  are a very good cook when it comes to iyengar way of cooking food. I who has just started out on cooking would like to pay my tribute to these wonderful people by passing on these wonderful recipes to my daughter. And also try to share it here with you people out there.

Comments

  1. well sharing the recipe is always good especially for readers like me who have lived aborad for long and make there owen food ...

    So yeah get those recipes and i will really like ot read and try them out myself :)

    nice article though ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Bikramjit.
    Thank u. will try to get as many as possible

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The baby gal turns mother

Pathiyam samayal

My thoughtful daughter