Singva Singamata

That is tanglish.

Sanja is in the middle oflearning many english words and she is trying make them appear more tamil but saying them in the way we pronounce the tamil words.

A sample

Amma,  I sing pattu, but R ( her class mate) always singamata as is to say  - I sing but R doesnt sing.

We say in tamil- ava pada mata to mean she doesnt sing so she just substituted the pada with sing :P

And as a baby she never said I , me , mine , she used to say naaku, naandu .
Some other words that she used to say - ava kamballala meaning ava kelambarala (are they starting).

And so these words have stuck to us. We have started using them in our daily talks having words of our own.

Looking out for more of these kinds from her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The baby gal turns mother

Pathiyam samayal

My thoughtful daughter